Washington, D.C. Information
District of Columbia Neighborhood DC Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
HOUSING AFFORDABILITY INDEX
|District of Columbia Neighborhood DC Housing Affordability Index is 81 |
|The Housing Affordability Index base is 100 and represents a balance point where a resident with a median household income can normally qualify to purchase a median price home. Values above 100 indicate increased affordability, while values below 100 indicate decreased affordability. |
|District of Columbia Neighborhood DC Wealth Index is 125 |
|The Wealth Index is based on a number of indicators of affluence including average household income and average net worth, but it also includes the value of material possessions and resources. It represents the wealth of the area relative to the national level. Values above or below 100 represent above-average wealth or below-average wealth compared to the national level. |
These new demographic attributes are availiable for Neighborhoods, Cities, Neighborhoods, and ZIP Codes.
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Washington, D.C. COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.
|Total Population ||706,137 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||666,508 (94.4%) |
|Population in Families ||395,944 (56.1%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||39,629 ( 5.6%) |
|Population Density ||11,567 |
|Diversity Index2 ||70 |
|Median Household Income ||$85,663 |
|Average Household Income ||$131,164 |
|Per Capita Income ||$58,452 |
|Wealth Index4 ||125 |
|Total Housing Units ||340,801 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||129,069 (37.9%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||184,390 (54.1%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||27,342 ( 8.0%) |
|Median Home Value ||$629,935 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 || 81 |
|Total Households ||313,459 |
|Average Household Size ||2.13 |
|Family Households ||129,137 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2019 ||2019-2024 |
|Population ||1.57% ||1.35% |
|Households ||1.59% ||1.37% |
|Families ||1.34% ||1.21% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.94% |
|Per Capita Income || ||2.21% |